Monday, December 17, 2012

I don't see what anyone can see in anyone else

Patrick and I celebrated our five year wedding anniversary this past Saturday!  So that makes us married for 5 years, together for 10.5 years, friends for 15 years, and general acquaintances for approximately 29 years.  Now, I could be sappy and tell you how great my hubby is (who else would put up with me??)...but I prefer to give you a running highlight reel of our many, many years together!  I'm going to risk a copyright infringement here and call this the "Kelsey and Patrick Not Top Ten."

1.  Sunday School Macaroni Art.  Patrick is on the far left, I'm the one with the long blonde hair and the bow.  I know the picture is fuzzy, but I think I have the glue AND the ribbon that Patrick and I were supposed to be sharing.  Kelsey 1, Patrick 0.



 2.  High school Spanish Project, Junior Year.  Patrick is supposed to be Don Quixote.  Please notice that Patrick is not only covered in aluminum foil and cotton balls, we also made him pretend to read that Latino gossip magazine with a boy band on the cover.  Kelsey 2, Patrick, 0.

3.  Spain Trip, Summer of 2001.  My dress is really too short for even a teenager, I had just taken my hair out of the cornrows that it had been braided in for the previous two weeks, and the strap to my passport pouch is totally sticking out.  Patrick still wears that EXACT same outfit (including the hat).  Kelsey 2, Patrick 1.

4.  High School Spanish Project, Senior Year.  Patrick still wears this outfit too.  Kelsey 3, Patrick 1.

5.  Senior Prom.  Patrick and I were starting to sorta-kinda-maybe like each other...but due to a misunderstanding, Patrick got "confused" and asked one of my friends instead of me.  I'm assuming its probably the hair-do that scared him off.  Kelsey 3, Patrick 2.

6.  Praque.  Despite Patrick's best efforts, his hair-do did not scare me off.  Kelsey 4, Patrick 2.



7.  Our wedding, December 15, 2007.  Patrick's snowstorm 'curse' continues when it suddenly dumps a foot of snow within the course of 4 hours.  I feel as though I should have known better than to plan an important event that involves Patrick in the winter.  Kelsey 4, Patrick 3.

8.  Italy.  During our honeymoon, Patrick and I each picked a place to go before we had kids.  I picked Italy, Patrick picked Australia.  Good thing I got to go first.  Kelsey 5, Patrick 3.


9.  Quixx arrives!  I pretty much had been begging for a second dog for the duration of our marriage.  I think Patrick finally decided that I wasn't giving up and that it might be easier just to give in.  Kelsey 6, Patrick 3.

 

 10.  Our 5th anniversary.  Dinner is Jersey Mike's subs, eaten in the car in the parking lot of the Columbus Zoo.  Romantic?  Maybe not.  Cheap?  For sure.  Kelsey 6, Patrick 4.


In review, it appears that I am coming out slightly ahead in this marriage.  And maybe our 5th anniversary wasn't spent the EXACT way I pictured it many years ago.  But it's safe to say it was much, much better than I ever could have dreamt...



No comments:

Post a Comment