Friday, August 3, 2012

Welcome to my goal. Thank you for signing up.

I never pictured myself starting a blog...mostly because I think of them more as a way to update people on your life, and I never seem to have any updates worth sharing.  But over the past few months, an idea to start a blog as a way to keep me accountable to a goal in my life started to form...and goodness knows I need any help I can get!  So if you are reading this, you are (inadvertently, I'm sure) part of my goal.  Lucky you...

In January of 2012, my husband and I welcomed our (awesome) son and my world drastically changed.  One of the things that I have been fighting to hold onto in this new world of mommy-hood is the idea that despite my new role, I can still be the same girl who liked to do things like travel to Europe and long distance run.  And since traveling to Europe with an infant doesn't even sound like fun to me...I guess that leaves the running.  :)

Last year was the first time that I hadn't run either the Columbus full or half marathon in 8 years.  Sure, I was pregnant...but when the pictures hit Facebook of one of my friends at the finish of the half, looking awesome AND more pregnant than me, I felt nothing but guilt that I hadn't even tried!  I pledged to myself that day that I would run the full marathon in 2012.

So here it is, August of 2012 and reality is kicking in.  Busy weeks have bled into busier weekends, and I have started to doubt.  Can I be super-wife, super-mom, super-daughter, super-sister, super-dentist, super-friend, AND super-runner?  Well, I'm going to try...and if I think even one person is reading this blog, it makes me THAT much more likely to hit the road and finish those training runs (that's where you come in.)  I will periodically update with how my training is going...and maybe some humorous stories along the way.  So here I go...wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I like the super-dentist comment, it made me lol! And I can't believe you've been running marathons for 8 yrs, I remember when you were training for your first half marathon. There's no way that was 8 yrs ago, that would make us waaay too old! :) keep up the good work, I'll keep reading and cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete